Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.6.8
- Reading Informational
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, distinguishing claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.
- Mid-Unit Assessment: Tracing an Argument in an Article and a Video
- Getting the Gist and Tracing an Argument: “Public Fear” Excerpt from “The Exterminator”
- Identifying How Text Features Support Arguments: “The Exterminator”
- Annotating the Text and Identifying Argument, Claims, and Evidence: “Double Whammy” Excerpt from “The Exterminator”
- In this lesson students continue to plan for their literary analysis by studying a model essay and determining the theme of The Lightning Thief.