Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.6.5
- Reading Informational
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Analyze how a particular sentence, paragraph, chapter, or section fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the ideas.
- Unit 1 begins with a launch of the novel Bud, Not Buddy, with a focus on character development and the author’s use of language. Students will get to know Bud by looking at the challenges he faces...
- In this end of unit assessment, students read an excerpt from President Barack Obama’s Back-to-School Speech from 2009. They independently apply the same reading strategies and skills they practiced...
- This lesson is similar in structure to Lesson 9 and is the second in the final series of the two-lesson cycle. In this lesson, students dig deeper into Paragraphs 20–22 in order to answer text-...
- This lesson is similar in structure to Lesson 7 and is the second of the two-lesson cycle. In this lesson, students dig deeper into Paragraphs 12–14 in order to answer text-dependent questions. • In...
- Reading for Gist and Answering Text-Dependent Questions: Chapter 4 of World without Fish
- This lesson introduces students to a model mini-essay with two body paragraphs: one in which the author describes elements of mythology in the myth of Cronus, and a second in which the author...
- Mid-Unit Assessment: Research
- Writing a Summary: “Middle Ages” Excerpt 2
- Writing a Summary: "Middle Ages" Excerpt 1