Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.5.10
- Reading Informational
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- State Standard:
- By the end of the year, read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, at the high end of the grades 4–5 text complexity band independently and proficiently.
- In this third unit, students will return to the genre of the graphic novel, reviewing the elements that make this type of work uniquely suited to conveying an author’s complex ideas in an engaging...
- Building Background Knowledge: Competing Views Regarding Mining on Inuit Lands
- Building Background Knowledge: How Canada’s Natural Resources Meet the Needs and Wants of People Today
- Building Background Knowledge: “The Inuit, My People”
- This module begins with a brief study of the importance of sports in American culture over time. The heart of this module is a whole class study of the short but challenging biography Promises to...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Biodiversity in Rainforests of the Western Hemisphere This module—intended to be used in conjunction with a Social Studies unit about Latin America...