Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.4.2
- Reading Standards for Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
- Unit 3: Researching a Selected Poet and Writing a Biographical Essay In this unit, students are introduced to biographies with the text A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos Williams, by Jen...
- In the second unit, students read an informational text to deepen their knowledge of the Haudenosaunee with a focus on determining main ideas and supporting details, notetaking, using context clues...
- In Unit 2 students read the extended science text Simple Machines: Forces in Action by Buffy Silverman (870L) to learn about simple machines while also examining the structure and text features of...
- In Unit 1, students are asked to infer the topic of their research for this module by sorting various pictures of simple machines and their everyday use. Students start by sorting these “Mystery...
- In Unit 1, students begin to build background knowledge about the women’s suffrage movement and the role that Susan B. Anthony played in it. Students will read a variety of informational texts as...
- In this unit, students will explore colonial perspectives on the Revolutionary War. Students will read and analyze short informational texts and primary source documents to build background knowledge...
- In this second unit, students research their expert group animal and its defense mechanisms. Close reading of informational texts about their expert group animal will prepare students for the mid-...
- This module is designed to address English Language Arts standards as students read informational texts about animal defense mechanisms. However, the module intentionally incorporates science...
- CASE STUDY: CONDUCTING RESEARCH ON COLONIAL AMERICANS In the second unit, students further develop their ability to comprehend informational text by hearing and reading a variety of nonfiction...