Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.3.8
- Reading Standards for Informational Text
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Describe the logical connection between particular sentences and paragraphs in a text (e.g., comparison, cause/effect, first/second/third in a sequence).
- For this unit, students will build their knowledge of the challenges of access, pollution, and demands on water. Students first will research each challenge as a class, finding the key information...
- In this unit, students build their background knowledge about where water is found on earth and the movement of water through the water cycle and the physical landscape. Students will consider the...
- Determining the Main Idea and Key Details: “Dry Days in Australia
- End of Unit Assessment: Comparing and Contrasting Two Texts about the Water Cycle
- This module focuses on the importance of clean freshwater around the world. Using the children’s book One Well: The Story of Water on Earth as an anchor text, this unit builds on the background...
- COMPARING AND CONTRASTING TWO TEXTS ABOUT POISON DART FROGS: EGGS AND TADPOLES This lesson repeats the pattern from Lesson 10.
- COMPARING AND CONTRASTING TWO TEXTS ABOUT POISON DART FROGS: LEGS AND TOES This lesson repeats the pattern from Lesson 10: Students again compare and contrast two sections of text about the poison...
- COMPARING AND CONTRASTING TWO TEXTS ABOUT POISON DART FROGS: POISON! This lesson is the first of three in a series in which students compare and contrast sections of two texts about the poison dart...