Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RF.4.4
- Reading Foundational Skills
- State Standard:
- Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
- Writing the Essay: Introduction
- Revisiting the Performance Task: Analyzing a Model Essay and Reading with Expression
- In this unit, students read the play Divided Loyalties, by Gare Thompson, to dig deeper into the perspectives of Patriots and Loyalists.
- In this lesson, students do a close reading of The Machine (pages 219–221 in the book Take a Quick Bow!, by Pamela Marx) with a focus on text structure, meaning, and vocabulary.
- This lesson has three purposes. The first and obvious purpose is to continue to build students’ knowledge about simple machines. This second purpose is to orient students to the skill of sharing and...
- In this module, students engage in reading, writing, listening, and speaking to build knowledge of simple machines and how they impact force, effort, and work.