Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.9-10.6
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Acquire and use accurately general academic and domain-specific words and phrases, sufficient for reading, writing, speaking, and listening at the college and career readiness level; demonstrate independence in gathering vocabulary knowledge when considering a word or phrase important to comprehension or expression.
- In this last lesson of the unit, students work in class to finalize their research-based argument papers (End-of-Unit Assessments), editing, polishing, and rewriting as necessary. Students are...
- Students learn how to revise for formal tone and conventions in argument writing. Additionally, students continue to analyze and revise their claims and counterclaims fairly. After receiving...
- Students learn to craft a concluding statement that follows from and further supports the argument and appropriately connects sections of the text. Students deepen their understandings of how...
- Students begin writing their research-based argument papers. The lesson begins with peer review of the in-text citations students inserted in their Outline Tools. Students then learn about the...
- In this unit, students engage in the writing process with the goal of synthesizing and articulating their research into argument writing. The end product of this unit is a final draft of a research-...
- "In this lesson, students read the first supplementary text of this module, “Globalization,” which introduces and provides content knowledge around th e topic of globalization. Students then analyze...
- Building and Communicating Knowledge through Research: The Inquiry and Writing Processes In Module 9.3, students engage in an inquiry-based, iterative process for research. Building on work with...