Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.9-10.3.a
- Knowledge of Language
- State Standard:
- Write and edit work so that it conforms to the guidelines in a style manual (e.g., MLA Handbook, Turabian’s Manual for Writers) appropriate for the discipline and writing type.
- Students review the structure of an explanatory essay in preparation for the End-of-Unit Assessment in the following lesson. Students also evaluate White’s “Death of a Pig,” considering his use of...
- Students read E. B. White’s personal essay “Death of a Pig.” Students analyze how White unfolds and draws connections between key events and ideas in the text while developing and refining his...
- In this module, students read, discuss, and analyze nonfiction and dramatic texts, focusing on how the authors convey and develop central ideas concerning imbalance, disorder, tragedy, mortality, and...
- In this last lesson of the unit, students work in class to finalize their research-based argument papers (End-of-Unit Assessments), editing, polishing, and rewriting as necessary. Students are...
- Students participate in a peer review activity during which they offer constructive feedback to their classmates about their entire research-based argument papers. Students review their peers’ papers...
- Students learn how to effectively integrate citation information into their writing to maintain the flow of ideas, avoid plagiarism, and follow a standard format for citation. Students learn MLA...
- In this unit, students engage in the writing process with the goal of synthesizing and articulating their research into argument writing. The end product of this unit is a final draft of a research-...
- "In this lesson, students begin the process of drafting the body paragraphs of their evidence-based argument essay. The writing process is guided by the organization and analysis of the claims and...
- Grade 9 ELA Module 4 is a one-unit module. Please refer to the Grade 9 ELA Module 4 overview page.
- In this lesson, students learn how to effectively integrate information into writing selectively to maintain the flow of ideas, avoiding plagiarism and following a standard format for citation....
- In this unit, students engage in the writing process with the goal of synthesizing and articulating their evidence-based research perspective in writing. The end product of this unit is a final draft...