Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.9-10.2.b
- Conventions of Standard English
- State Standard:
- Use a colon to introduce a list or quotation.
- Mid-Unit Assessment: students use textual evidence from Acts 1–2 of Shakespeare’s Macbeth to craft a formal, multi-paragraph essay in response to the following prompt: How do Shakespeare’s structural...
- In this End-of-Unit Assessment, students craft a formal, multi-paragraph essay presenting an argument in response to the question of which character bears the most responsibility for the tragedy of...
- In this last lesson of the unit, students work in class to finalize their research-based argument papers (End-of-Unit Assessments), editing, polishing, and rewriting as necessary. Students are...
- Students peer-review and edit their End-of-Unit Assessment for correct punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure.
- "In this lesson, studentscontinue to revise and edit their argument essays. Students review grammatical conventions established in 9.3 and receive direct instruction on parallel structure and the...
- In this lesson, students continue to edit and revise their research papers. Students are introduced to a new language standard, L.9-10.2, and practice incorporating semi-colons and colons into their...
- Students participate in a peer review activity during which they offer constructive feedback to their classmates about their entire research-based argument papers. Students review their peers’ papers...
- Students continue to edit and revise their papers. They are also introduced to semicolons as a way to join independent clauses and colons as a means of introducing quotes or lists. Students continue...