Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.8.1
- Conventions of Standard English
- State Standard:
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- Unit Overview
- Some students may need more help revising than others. There is space for this during the revision time. • As in Lesson 13, consider the setup of the classroom; students ideally will be working on...
- Launching the Performance Task: Thematic Statement and Narrative Prompt
- Analyzing a Thematic Concept: Becoming Visible Again, Part 2
- Analyzing a Thematic Concept: Becoming Visible after Captivity (pages 334–344)
- Students return to the novel, analyzing plot development in the days leading up to the fall of Saigon.
- Analyzing a Central Idea: Carlotta’s Journey to Justice
- Analyzing an Author’s Craft: Carlotta’s Journey to Justice
- Finding Home: Refugees In this module, students will develop their ability to read and understand complex text as they consider the challenges of fictional and real refugees. In the first unit,...