Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.7.2
- Conventions of Standard English
- State Standard:
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- As in Lesson 18, consider the setup of the classroom; students ideally will be working on computers. • If students did not use computers to draft their essays in Lesson 18, consider giving them more...
- In this lesson, students thoroughly analyze Lyddie, the central character of the book. Work Time A serves to synthesize the discussion of Lyddie’s character that students have done in Lessons 2, 3,...
- End of Unit Assessment and Independent Reading Review
- Writing the Children’s Book: Day Three
- In this assessment students read and analyze several text excerpts and select strong evidence to support their analysis.
- In this lesson students complete their end of unit assessment by revising their literary analysis essays based on teacher feedback.
- In this lesson, students are introduced to a model essay on A Long Walk to Water and focus on the essay's use of quotes.
- End of Unit Assessment, Part 2: Revise Essay Drafts
- Working with Evidence: Working Conditions Then and Now In this module, students explore the issue of working conditions, both historical and modern day. As they read and discuss both literary and...
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...