Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.6.6
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate general academic and domain-specific words and phrases; gather vocabulary knowledge when considering a word or phrase important to comprehension or expression.
- Performance Task: Hosted Gallery Walk of Scientific Posters
- End of Unit Assessment: Revising and Publishing
- Claim, Reasons, and Evidence: Planning the Body Paragraphs
- Identifying How Text Features Support Arguments: “The Exterminator”
- Citing Evidence and Building Vocabulary: “The Exterminator”
- • This lesson asks students to draft their three body paragraphs based on the model essay, their planning documents, and the instruction provided in Lessons 11 and 12. • In Work Time Part B, the...
- Writing: Drafting Body Paragraphs and Revising for Language
- Myths: Not Just Long Ago In this module, students are involved in a deep study of mythology, its purposes, and elements. Students will read Rick Riordan’s The Lightning Thief (780L), a high-interest...