Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.6.1
- Conventions of Standard English
- State Standard:
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- Peer Critique and Revising: Formal English
- In previous lessons, students have drafted and revised an evidence-based essay. In this lesson, students write their final, best version of their draft and they conclude this unit by sharing a quote...
- This lesson is an opportunity for students to review and revise their essays to meet the expectations of the NYS Expository Writing Evaluation Rubric.
- • This lesson is an opportunity for students to review and revise their essays to meet the expectations of the Literary Argument Essay Rubric. • In advance, be sure to have reviewed students’ first...
- In the first half of this second unit, students continue to explore the topic of “rules to live by” as they closely read the poem “If ” by Rudyard Kipling. Students determine themes of the poem,...
- In this lesson students finish their end of unit assessment by incorporating revisions from the previous lessons to create a final literary analysis.
- In this lesson students engage in a peer critiique of their literary analysis then learn about the use of pronouns and incorporate both the feedback and lesson into their revisions.
- Writing the Final Narrative: Monologue or Concrete Poem
- End of Unit Assessment, Part 1:
- Writing and Sharing: A Narrative of Adversity Plan
- Introduction: Writing a Narrative of Adversity
- End of Unit 2 Assessment: Final Draft of Literary Argument Essay