Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.4.5.a
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Explain the meaning of simple similes and metaphors (e.g., as pretty as a picture) in context.
- End of Unit Assessment: Reading and Analyzing a New Poem
- Poetry Workshop: Writing an Inspired Poem for the Performance Task
- Reading and Analyzing New Poems: Selected Poets
- Unit 2: Writing to Learn about Poetry In this unit, students apply what they have learned in Unit 1 to further explore poetry through writing. Students begin the unit with a shared writing experience...
- Comparing Media: The Talking Drums of Mali
- In this module, students will read, write, and speak about the topic of voting rights and responsibilities. In the first two units, students will read informational texts that focus on the women’s...