Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: L.4.2
- Conventions of Standard English
- State Standard:
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- Writing a Public Service Announcement: Planning and Drafting a PSA about the Importance of Voting
- Revising for Sentence Fluency: Compound Sentences
- This lesson is largely dependent upon students having access to a computer, an online dictionary, and a printer.
- In this assessment students have 45 minutes to plan and write Choice #2 of their choose-your-own-adventure animal defense mechanisms narratives based on the assessment prompt.
- In this lesson, students read each other’s narratives to identify issues with conventions (spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and dialogue). Students just note mistakes as they edit; they do not...
- In this lesson, students record notes for their ideas for dialogue in Work Times A and B. In Work Time C and D, they add the dialogue using correct conventions.
- This lesson begins with a read-aloud of the About Your Adventure page in Can You Survive the Wilderness? Students record what they notice and wonder about the structure and information shared on this...
- This lesson focuses on helping students edit their informative piece drafts for conventions. In particular, they focus on spelling, capitalization, and homophones.
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Interdependent Roles in Colonial Times Students learn about what life was like in Colonial America. They go on to study the many roles people...