Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.3.4.d
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Use glossaries or beginning dictionaries, both print and digital, to determine or clarify the precise meaning of key words and phrases.
- This module focuses on the importance of clean freshwater around the world. Using the children’s book One Well: The Story of Water on Earth as an anchor text, this unit builds on the background...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Connecting Literary and Informational Texts to Study Culture “Then and Now” In this module, students will use literacy skills to build expertise—...
- This is the second of two lessons focusing on a close read of the informational text “Discovering Culture.” Students continue to work with the concept of culture and finding evidence of it. The goal...
- In this eight-week module, students explore the questions: “Who is the wolf in fiction?” and “Who is the wolf in fact?” They begin by analyzing how the wolf is characterized in traditional stories,...