Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.3.4.c
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Use a known root word as a clue to the meaning of an unknown word with the same root (e.g., company, companion).
- In this eight-week module, students explore the questions: “Who is the wolf in fiction?” and “Who is the wolf in fact?” They begin by analyzing how the wolf is characterized in traditional stories,...
- In this unit, students build their background knowledge about where water is found on earth and the movement of water through the water cycle and the physical landscape. Students will consider the...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Connecting Literary and Informational Texts to Study Culture “Then and Now” In this module, students will use literacy skills to build expertise—...
- This module focuses on the importance of clean freshwater around the world. Using the children’s book One Well: The Story of Water on Earth as an anchor text, this unit builds on the background...