Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.3.3.a
- Knowledge of Language
- State Standard:
- Choose words and phrases for effect.*
- In this lesson, students plan an informational paragraph, first synthesizing their culture research into categories on a Culture Research matrix, and then planning the paragraph using a modified...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Connecting Literary and Informational Texts to Study Culture “Then and Now” In this module, students will use literacy skills to build expertise—...
- This module focuses on the importance of clean freshwater around the world. Using the children’s book One Well: The Story of Water on Earth as an anchor text, this unit builds on the background...
- Case Study: Reading to Build Expertise about Freaky Frogs In Unit 2, students will continue to develop their skills through careful reading of informational texts. Class members will extend their...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: LEARNING TO BECOME AN EXPERT (ABOUT FROGS) In this first unit, students will begin to learn how experts build knowledge as they consider what makes a frog a frog and...