The Tri-State Collaborative (composed of educational leaders from Massachusetts, New York, and Rhode Island and facilitated by Achieve) has developed criterion-based rubrics and review processes to evaluate the quality of lessons and units intended to address the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and ELA/Literacy.
Sample Evaluation of an ELA Curriculum Exemplar (8th Grade)
Please find below a sample rubric with ratings and rationale/commentary for each of the major categories. The ELA exemplar, "The Long Night of the Little Boats," along with the rubric ratings, can be used in training educators to evaluate the alignment of ELA/Literacy materials with the Common Core State Standards.
- Slides introducing the Quality Review Rubric for ELA/Literacy (682.38 KB)
- Tri-State ELA Rubric K-2 (552.51 KB)
- Tri-State ELA Rubric 3-12 (159.63 KB)
- Slides introducing the Quality Review Rubric for Math (796.23 KB)
- Tri-State Math Rubric (122.19 KB)
- Sample Rubric: “The Long Night of the Little Boats” (212.03 KB)
- How to Access the Analyzer Tools (73.92 KB)
- EQuIP Quality Review Rubric for Lessons & Units (1.41 MB)